Take a note...

Friday, October 13, 2006

Configuring NIC in Solaris 10

As previously mentioned, solaris did not recognize my onboard NIC. My motherboard is DFI LanParty UT nForce3 250 GB. The LAN chips manufacturer is Marvell 88E111 PHY. An internet site said what I need is a SKGE driver. I have no luck with this driver. The message said that driver success added to system, but failed to attach. Maybe since the driver could not find the hardware. Strange enough, because the same driver work well with same hardware. Later I knew that what important is the controller, which in this case is nForce3 250 GB chipset. The driver should attached to this controller.

Then I download drivers from Masa Murayama site. It is nfo driver .Unfortunately, I am unable to get it installed. The error messages is “ don't know hw to make 'install”.
I tried to bypass the make install step and proceed with the next step of installation, by launching install script. No result. But I can see from the message that the driver also work for nVidia NIC df. That's my ethernet id!!.

Googling again, with different keywords, I found myself reading a long threading on Sun's forum. Exactly explaining how to install the Masa' Murayama drivers. I found out the problem cause by gcc and make file path was not correct. So I added the path and restart the steps.

Finally the nfo driver successfully installed, and I just configure my dhcp setting to get online.

Thank's Masa:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home